About Summer Hill
Summer Hill School, acquired from Chesterfield County by the annexation of 1942, was named for the community in which it is located. The original 1919 building was a four-room school with a half-basement; in 1937, Chesterfield County built a brick addition with classrooms and auditorium. After annexation, a cafeteria and six primary grade classrooms were added (1951). In 1984, the general office area was renovated and a classroom addition was built. In 2016, Summer Hill became home to 14 Preschool Classrooms.